- We specialize in transitions and show our clients how to reclaim their passion and strengths, restore their focus, and feel renewed after a major change. Whether it's retirement, divorce, death, contract negotiations, or starting a new career, we show clients how to reset their expectations and build a solid foundation for growth during "Phase 2"- growth after transition. Corporate executives must prepare for the transition to retirement; musicians and songwriters must plan for a catalog sale or life after performing; athletes have to focus on the next phase after competing; and, individuals must deal with the transitions of job changes, divorce, death, children, etc. We help to restore vital balance and financial strength through life's many transitions.
- I once heard, “If the only tool you have is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail.” Many Nashville financial advisors work for firms where they mostly recommend only their firm's proprietary products. Therefore they end up selling clients products that might suit their pocket books more than the clients’ best interest. We are 100% independent and have access to literally thousands of investment alternatives. We take pride in objectivity.
- Our team is different, period. From a personal standpoint, this is my passion, my gift, and my calling. I was blessed to have a wonderful set of parents who lead by example when it came to money management, and realized that managing money and the confidence a customized plan brought was something that I wanted to share with others. My Nashville wealth management team differentiates ourselves from our competition by having the heart of a teacher and spending the necessary time with all of our clients to gain the comfort level and education they need to be educated investors.
Also, my team loves what we do, period. We treat all of our clients like family and provide white glove service and take great pride in what we do. Our passion for helping see our clients create plans for the future motivates us daily. When you walk into our office, you will not sense any pressure to become a client, buy a product, or sign anything. We want one thing, and that’s a long term mutually beneficial relationship. Because of our approach, we can’t be a great fit for everyone, and we are ok with that.
- We specialize and focus most of our energy on studying the wide array of financial decisions and obstacles that retirees will face, such as: increasing life expectancies, a troubled Social Security system, and a market that is increasingly volatile. This knowledge, coupled with a strong understanding of the tax system, allows us to develop strategies designed to help meet the income needs of our clients and weather the multitude of "market storms" they will encounter during these years. It is important to each of us that we help all of our clients maintain their dignity and independence throughout their retirement years.
- From a technical and knowledge standpoint, I have a well diversified background of education and credentials in the field of investment, estate, insurance, and tax planning. Very few of all financial planners are both CPAs and Certified Financial Planners ™. I believe this combination of tax and investment knowledge helps further separate me from other Nashville financial advisors. More importantly, I enjoy helping people and watching the transformation from the initial stress they may bring to our first meeting to confidence after our plan is established. We can help people pay off their homes and witness the happiness and new perspective about finances that follow. We will be at our clients’ sides when dealing with the loss of a loved one, and help manage the difficult financial decisions during emotional times. We can help our clients turn the stress of retiring and cashing out their last paycheck into a feeling of confidence after getting their first income check from their portfolio.
- We take great pride in explaining and determining the most suitable fee structure for our clients based on their goals. Many of our clients opt for a fee-based platform, which we feel makes great sense on a long term basis. In certain situations, it is more efficient for you, the client, to use retail commission mutual funds and try to obtain certain breakpoints, or to obtain reductions in fees by consolidating accounts. Regardless of which route we take, we are committed to finding the appropriate solution for you. We always strive for a win/win relationship where we all meet our goals and prosper. Once we explore the options for your particular situation, you will have full transparency of fees and know every dollar that leaves your account.
Advisory fees are in addition to the internal expenses charged by mutual funds and other investment company securities. To the extent that clients intend to hold these securities, the internal expenses should be included when evaluating the costs of a fee-based account. Clients should periodically re-evaluate whether the use of an asset-based fee continues to be appropriate in servicing their needs. A list of additional considerations, as well as the fee schedule, is available in the firm's ADV Part II as well as the client agreement.